Originated in 2012, updated in 2015, with the most recent version available today. Kehrer Bielan has been the definitive industry resource on Advisor compensation for years. The study consists of an analysis of trends in the structure and payouts in over 70 compensation plans in over 50 firms of all sizes, representing the majority of Advisors in our industry.
The 2018 study provides direction to firms:
- Needing to know how their compensation schedule stacks up to the industry for both retention and new hires;
- Under cost pressure to either justify what Advisors earn or to find compensation plan savings; or
- Those looking to improve Advisor performance with better plan design, paying for the right activities.
The study answers those questions, backed up by details on:
- Base salaries, forgivable and non-forgivable draw amounts
- Grid levels and break points used in commission plans
- Effective payout an Advisor earns at different production ranges
- Commission plans for Senior Advisors and Second Story Advisors
- Six critical special incentive enhancements designed to drive behavior
- Seven new reward elements of compensation plans we recommend firms consider implementing
- A spreadsheet identifying the components and levels of all plans
All distilled by our expert analysis.
How Advisors are paid can either make or break a business, so this is an indispensable resource to make sure you get it right. And now is the time to start the compensation discussion before being up against a deadline.
- Fewer than 25 Advisors: $300
- 25 to 100 Advisors: $600
- More than 100 Advisors:
- Participating firms: $1,200
- Non-participating firms: $3,000
- Non-Financial institutions: Contact email@example.com
Discover how Terrapin can help your firm maximize profit and retain top talent: bit.ly/2B8Qioe